Gonzola’s garden is immersed in the countryside and surrounded by wheat and sunflower fields on one side and the characteristic cone-shape clay hillocks and their singular vegetation on the other. A country lane bordered by a stream and oak trees is a presage to the peaceful bucolic atmosphere that surrounds the house and its garden. In the distance a medieval watch-tower and a bare hill crowned by a solitary cypress and an old house represent the singular landscape of the Val d’Orcia.
Gonzola is a large sunny house built of local stone, covered with rambling roses, honeysuckle and ivy, and surrounded by a garden with bushes of autoctonous dog-roses and Mediterranean plants such as lavender, thyme, sage and rosemary. The swimming pool merges into the surrounding landscape and vegetation with its prickly pear, and bushes of broom and wild-roses.
On one side of the house lies a dining space under a wisteria and honeysuckle pergola with a small kitchen for outdoor meals, and a pool changing room with shower.
The main apartment is on the first floor and can be reached by an external staircase leading to a large living room with a traditional open fireplace. The kitchen next to it is the typical Tuscan kitchen with a raised fireplace to allow for grilling on the embers. The walls are painted a bright blue, as was traditionally considered the way to keep away the flies. The cowshed on the ground floor has become a very large living space opening up onto the garden. There is also a bedroom with two beds designed for use by a disable guest.
Independent farmhouse for 10 people -300 sqm
- Very large summer room 70 sqm
- Wheel-chair accessible bedroom with 2 large single beds and disabled bathroom with shower
- Laundry room
- Large living room with fireplace
- Kitchen/dining room with fireplace
- 2 double bedrooms with bathroom en-suite
- 1 twin bedroom sharing large bathroom with bath tub with:
- 1 double bedroom sharing bathroom above with twin bedroom
- Garden and swimming pool 10 x 5 m
- Outdoor large dining table dining under pergola with honeysuckle and wisteria and small kitchen with oven and fridge
|Included: washer-dryer, dishwasher, satellite TV, stereo CD, free internet connection.
2 hours cleaning a day
Extra help is available for cleaning and cooking, on request.